Wroxham Barns to travel back to the disco decade at seventies classic car event
- Credit: Archant
A part of Norfolk will travel back to the era of disco this weekend at a seventies-themed charity event.
The Wroxham Barns is set to host the Super Dooper 70s Show and Shine Event, which will raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support, at its site in Hoveton.
Car enthusiasts will be in for a treat, with more than 200 vintage vehicles from the decade set to make an appearance.
Cars, scooters, VW campers and even a classic ice-cream van will be at the classic car event - the biggest the venue has organised.
An array of vintage stalls and arts and crafts stands will be on hand to entertain all the family, while DJ Patrick Burnside will be playing hits to get visitors in the seventies groove.
You may also want to watch:
The event has been organised by classic car lover Paul McAlpine, who co-founded the Norwich Classic Vehicle Club in 1995.
He said: 'We hold this event at Wroxham Barns every year and it just gets bigger and better. It makes a great day out for all the family, while raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support, which is one of Wroxham Barns' chosen charities.'
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 8 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 9 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 10 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
Ian Russell MBE, who owns Wroxham Barns, added: 'We're really looking forward to having the Super Dooper 70's Show & Shine event at Wroxham Barns again on Sunday - it's amazing to think that this time there'll be over 200 vehicles.
'We'll have the barbecue going all day and look forward to welcoming everyone then – fingers crossed for a lovely, sunny day.'
The free event will run from 10am to 5pm on Sunday.
For more information visit www.wroxhambarns.co.uk