Wroxham Barns host live tours for customers
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Zoos may be closed to the public, but that won’t stop a Norfolk farm from connecting hundreds of families to its cute animals.
After a brilliant response to picture and video updates on social media, Wroxham Barns have started weekly Facebook lives, taking families on tours of their farm to feed the animals, see tricks and learn facts.
General manager, Ben Marshall, said: “It was such a sad but necessary decision to close our doors whilst the country and world battle the coronavirus.
“We tried a 30 minute Facebook Live tour of our farm, so that families and children can feel part of the routine and meet all the animals.
“I was blown away by the response and that over 550 people were watching the video live and asking lots of questions.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m so pleased we’re able to offer some light and smiles in these otherwise quite gloomy times.”
Wroxham Barns will now host two Facebook lives a week, every Tuesday at 8.30am and every Saturday at 4pm.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
You can watch the lives by heading over to Wroxham Barns Facebook page.