‘It was a nightmare’ - Two car crash brings Broads village to a standstill
- Credit: Archant
Traffic in a Broads village has been brought to a standstill following an crash between two cars.
At around 10.40am, two cars were involved in an crash on the Norwich Road through Wroxham and Hoveton, close to the McDonald's branch in Hoveton.
As a result, traffic has been brought to almost a complete standstill, with a heavy tailback of traffic building up through the villages.
No details are available of the vehicles involved at this stage, however police are in attendance directing traffic along the road.
One motorist who was caught up in the congestion said they sat at the Horning Road/Stalham Road roundabout "for around 20 minutes" before seeking an alternative route.
You may also want to watch:
They said: "The traffic just was not moving at all - it wasn't clear from so far back what had happened but there was no real movement whatsoever. It was bumper to bumper.
"It was a nightmare."
For all the latest travel news visit our live traffic map.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting