Norwich wrestling star Paige feared she would never walk again after career-ending injury
- Credit: John Giamundo
Norwich WWE star Paige feared she would never be able to walk again after suffering a career-ending injury in the ring.
The 25-year-old, part of the Knight family of wrestlers, suffered a neck injury when she was kicked from behind during an event in December and announced her retirement from wrestling last month.
Speaking on the podcast, E&C's Pod of Awesomeness, she revealed her fears following the serious injury.
'When it actually happened and the accident happened in the ring, I lost all feeling in my legs and my arms,' she said. 'It was literally the most terrifying experience in my life and I would never wish that upon anyone. It was so scary.
'I literally was like oh my gosh, I'm done, I'm going to be in a wheelchair now, this is it, I've pushed myself too much.'
You may also want to watch:
Since stepping out of the ring Paige has stayed within the WWE setup and was recently announced as the new Smackdown Live new general manager.
Paige, whose real name is Saraya-Jade Bevis, made her debut in wrestling at age 13 in the World Association of Wrestling, a promotion run by her family, under the name Britani Knight.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
In 2011, she signed a contract with WWE and made her debut in January 2012 under the ring name Saraya.
She is the subject of a new film called Fighting With My Family which is due to be released in September.
The film by Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and Stephen Merchant follows the Knight family and Paige's journey to become a WWE champion.
Starring Lena Headey, Nick Frost and Vince Vaughn, scenes for the movie were filmed on location in Norwich and Great Yarmouth in April 2017.