Would you try this new gym class that consists of nothing but sleeping?
- Credit: John Nguyen/JNVisuals
50 reps or 40 winks? A new fitness class consisting of nothing but sleep is to be trialled in the UK this weekend.
David Lloyd Clubs have become the first UK fitness brand to offer napping classes, designed to reinvigorate the mind and improve moods.
Napercise will see spin-bikes swapped for single beds and upbeat workout tunes ditched in favour of atmospheric sounds.
Temperatures in the studio will also be dropped to a level that promotes calorie burning.
The idea follows research revealing a tiredness epidemic in the UK, with 86pc of parents admitting they suffer from fatigue.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for David Lloyd Clubs said: 'Here at David Lloyd Clubs, we're always looking for new ways to tackle the issues that everyday families face, which is what Napercise sets out to do.'
Napercise will be trialled over April 29-30.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
Depending on the success of the class, the company will be looking to roll out sessions to more of its clubs in the future.
The nearest David Lloyd Club can be found at Ransomes Europark in Ipswich.
For more information visit davidlloyd.co.uk/napercise
• Does this sound like the perfect class for you? Let us know in the comments below.