Would you try Cromer Crab lasagne? Norfolk Chef Galton Blackiston makes Norfolk version of classic dish on Saturday Kitchen
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk chef Galton Blackiston cooked up a storm on BBC's Saturday Morning Kitchen.
The owner of Moston Hall appeared on the cooking show this morning (September 23) alongside Glynn Purnell, Simon Rogan, Jane Parkinson and Chris Ramsey.
During the show, Blackiston whipped up a Cromer Crab lasagne, using a recipe from his new book, Hook Line Sinker: A Seafood Cookbook.
He described the book as 'a tribute to Morston and No1 in Cromer, all the recipes in it are from there and have been adapted for the home environment. I'm very proud of it, it's all quite modern for me.'
Comedian Chris Ramsey was unsure about Blackiston's crab lasagne, admitting he thought it sounded like a 'joke'.
You may also want to watch:
The dish featured a Gruyère cheese sauce as well as a red pepper and cucumber relish and was paired with a South African white wine.
Ultimately the panel were won over by the dish, with Ramsey taking back his previous comments and praising the 'spectacular' meal.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
Blackiston also took part in the show's omelette challenge, spoke of his love for Norwich City Football Club and revealed he will be hosting a special evening at Bury St Edmunds Theatre on September 30 to celebrate his work and raise funds for the restoration of the building.
• Would you try Cromer Crab lasagne? Let us know in the comments below.