Would poo believe it! Dog owner creates a stink on Cromer seafront
- Credit: North Norfolk District Council.
Visitors to the Cromer seafront were left disgusted after a dog owner left their pet's mess just a few metres from a bin.
The faeces were captured on camera by North Norfolk District Council which is running a campaign to clean-up the area.
Councillor Tom FitzPatrick, Leader of North Norfolk District Council, said: 'North Norfolk is a great holiday destination for families and the vast majority of dog owners are aware of how important it is to pick up after their pets.
'Our focus is to educate those pet owners who don't realise how important it is, to work with the community and ultimately to take enforcement action when an incident is witnessed.
He continued: 'Our communities know it's difficult to get the right evidence to fine an irresponsible owner, but together we can make it less likely to happen in the first place.'
You may also want to watch:
North Norfolk District Council has 16 volunteer community dog wardens who go out and about to educate dog owners and nine environmental protection officers trained to issue fixed penalty notices.
Councillor FitzPatrick added: 'We take this issue very seriously and we work with our communities to educate and engage people. We have had very positive feedback from the awareness-raising campaigns we have run on- and off-line, and residents do understand dog fouling is a very tricky problem that needs everyone to come together to solve.'
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage