Worstead Festival ready to roll
Worstead Festival 2011 is ready to roll this weekend with organisers delighted at a forecast of good weather for the revamped event.
Volunteers have spent all day preparing the village, near North Walsham, for an expected influx of thousand of visitors from 10am tomorrow, and on Sunday.
After a break last year, and a major re-think, the long-established festival is back with a greater emphasis on family fun and games, rural traditions and food.
Events are due to get under way this evening with free music in Worstead's newly-renamed White Lady pub, a beer festival, and the traditional 'Worstead Festival Five' fun run, organised by the North Norfolk Beach Runners.
Tomorrow and on Sunday the festival will offer a full programme of events in the display ring, including vintage tractors, sheep shearing, maypole dancing, heavy horses and terrier racing.
You may also want to watch:
Side shows include cookery demonstrations given by well-known local chefs, a medieval village, crafts, family games, stalls galore, an animal zone, BeWilderwood activities for children, plus weaving in the stunning parish church.
A packed itinerary of live music ranging from blues to rock, folk, a choir and the Norwich Ukulele Society will also be on offer.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
Entry to the festival on Saturday and Sunday is �5 for adults, accompanied children under 12 free, and organisers hope this year's reduced prices will attract families looking for a good-value, action-packed day out.