Worlingham work friends fund-raise for breast cancer research
A BRAVE group of work friends from Worlingham, near Beccles, have been putting their heads together to raise funds for breast cancer research.
The team from Design Two beauty salon have organised a series of fundraisers, including a parachute jump next month, to raise money for Breast Cancer Campaign.
The seven parachute jumpers, Marion Haydock, Richard Jones, Sharnelle Cable, Lee Cable, Tanya Curtis, Claire Howlet and Nita Megar, will be doing the jump on Saturday, October 1 at Ellough.
The group also recently held a table-top sale outside the salon and raised �525.
Mrs Haydock said: 'Thank you to all family, friends and businesses in Worlingham and Beccles who kindly donated to the raffle and also for their support.'
You may also want to watch:
There was a 'guess how many sweets are in the jar' competition and Michael Catchpole won with a guess closest to the amount of 248 sweets.
There are still ongoing 'guess the name of the doll' and 'guess the weight of the cake' competitions and also a whisky raffle.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 8 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
These draws will take place after the jump and when the final cheque is presented to a representative from Breast Cancer Campaign in mid October.
If you would like to take part in the competitions, raffle or donate money, contact Marion Haydock on 01502 713575 or Mavis Thurley on 01502 712833. Or speak to a member of staff at Design Two.