World’s largest tortilla chip at home in Norwich
This is the largest tortilla chip in the country – and it is right at home on the edge of Norwich.
A team of staff from the Broadland View Brewers Fayre in Broadland Business Park has revealed the UK's largest tortilla chip to celebrate the launch of a new Tex Mex menu at their all-you-can eat buffet nights.
The record-breaking chip is made up of 40 kilos of flour, 20 litres of water and weighs more than 50kg.
It spans 200x150cm, took more than 50 hours to make and six Norwich 'banditos' to carry, and had to be baked in a special three-metre deep oven.
Emma Price, marketing manager at Brewers Fayre, said: 'We can't think of a better way to launch our new Tex Mex all-you-can-eat buffet.
You may also want to watch:
'Our staff enjoyed dressing up and being involved in something so fun and memorable.'
The colossal snack has a total area of three square metres – the equivalent of 10,000 normal size tortilla chips.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
However, it has a way to go before it can beat the world's largest omelette, which weighed in at 2.95 tons in 2002 in Canada.
If you have a fun photo or story to share use our website iwitness24.co.uk