World-famous Sankeys nightclub could be opening in Norwich
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A world-renowned superclub is on the look out for a location for a new nightclub and Norwich is one of the cities in contention.
Sankeys, which has venues in Ibiza, London, Tokyo and Essex, wants to bring the party to a new city after their original club in Manchester was forced to close.
A Facebook page called Sankeys Norwich - #DoYouWannaSankeys has gone live and is encouraging people to vote for Norwich to get the new Sankeys nightclub.
The city is one of 20 in contention to host the new venue or event series but the team behind the clubbing company has said that they will bring their brand to any city which has an appetite for it.
The campaign, in association with the Night Time Industries Association, comes after the Manchester premises closed when the building was sold to be turned into flats.
Sankeys first opened its doors in Manchester as Sankeys Soap in June 1994 but due to financial problems it was forced to closed in 1998. It opened and closed a number of times before successfully re-opening in the city as Sankeys in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Since then venues have opened in Ibiza, Tokyo, New York, London and Essex and have played host to some of the world's biggest DJs including Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers and Swedish House Mafia.
How can I vote for Norwich?
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
If you want to see Sankeys in Norwich you need to vote for the city via the #DoYouWannaSankeys website.
To vote you need to visit the site and register by picking the city which you want to see a new Sankeys.
By voting you also have a chance of winning five season passes for Sankeys' events by supporting the Sankeys Norwich - #DoYouWannaSankeys Facebook page.