World-famous Sankeys nightclub could be opening in Norwich
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A world-renowned superclub is on the look out for a location for a new nightclub and Norwich is one of the cities in contention.
Sankeys, which has venues in Ibiza, London, Tokyo and Essex, wants to bring the party to a new city after their original club in Manchester was forced to close.
A Facebook page called Sankeys Norwich - #DoYouWannaSankeys has gone live and is encouraging people to vote for Norwich to get the new Sankeys nightclub.
The city is one of 20 in contention to host the new venue or event series but the team behind the clubbing company has said that they will bring their brand to any city which has an appetite for it.
The campaign, in association with the Night Time Industries Association, comes after the Manchester premises closed when the building was sold to be turned into flats.
Sankeys first opened its doors in Manchester as Sankeys Soap in June 1994 but due to financial problems it was forced to closed in 1998. It opened and closed a number of times before successfully re-opening in the city as Sankeys in 2006.
Since then venues have opened in Ibiza, Tokyo, New York, London and Essex and have played host to some of the world's biggest DJs including Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers and Swedish House Mafia.
How can I vote for Norwich?
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
If you want to see Sankeys in Norwich you need to vote for the city via the #DoYouWannaSankeys website.
To vote you need to visit the site and register by picking the city which you want to see a new Sankeys.
By voting you also have a chance of winning five season passes for Sankeys' events by supporting the Sankeys Norwich - #DoYouWannaSankeys Facebook page.