World famous bird trainer is coming to Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
Lloyd Buck will be giving a talk and demonstration at Fakenham College on Saturday, October 29 (6.00pm) in aid of Sculthorpe Moor nature reserve.
Mr Buck, from Bristol, trains birds for film and television, including BBC TV's Springwatch and Autumnwatch. He became a household name after showing his tame starlings on television, and allowing them to fly amongst and occasionally land on members of the audience. He also trained the greylag geese which flew alongside a boat carrying David Attenborough in Goose Chase.
Mr Buck will be giving a talk illustrated with clips from his programmes, flying a tame starling and barn owl during his talk, and will also show (but not fly) a raven, golden eagle, peregrine falcon and gyrfalcon.
Tickets for the event, at the college conference centre, are available from Sculthorpe Moor reserve, Turf Moor Road, Sculthorpe, NR21 9GN at £15 (children half price) or by calling 01328 856788.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless