World famous bird trainer is coming to Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
Lloyd Buck will be giving a talk and demonstration at Fakenham College on Saturday, October 29 (6.00pm) in aid of Sculthorpe Moor nature reserve.
Mr Buck, from Bristol, trains birds for film and television, including BBC TV's Springwatch and Autumnwatch. He became a household name after showing his tame starlings on television, and allowing them to fly amongst and occasionally land on members of the audience. He also trained the greylag geese which flew alongside a boat carrying David Attenborough in Goose Chase.
Mr Buck will be giving a talk illustrated with clips from his programmes, flying a tame starling and barn owl during his talk, and will also show (but not fly) a raven, golden eagle, peregrine falcon and gyrfalcon.
Tickets for the event, at the college conference centre, are available from Sculthorpe Moor reserve, Turf Moor Road, Sculthorpe, NR21 9GN at £15 (children half price) or by calling 01328 856788.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire