World cup referee Nigel Owens to speak at Wymondham Rugby Football Club’s annual dinner
- Credit: PA
Rugby World Cup final referee Nigel Owens will be the special guest at Wymondham Rugby Football Club's annual dinner.
More than 600 people are expected to be at the club's annual fundraising event on May 17, which has become the biggest sporting dinner in the east of England. Andrew Kilby, club chairman, said he was delighted Mr Owens would be there.
Mr Kilby said: 'We've had some great speakers in the past and had got Nigel booked last year but he then had to take charge of the Champions Cup final so couldn't come. But he said he'd make good this year and he has'.
Mr Owens, 45, has been refereeing since 1987. He is also a TV personality in his native Wales.
Roger Dakin will be master of ceremonies for the dinner, at the club in Tuttles Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £70, from Emma Burton on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07719 815340.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch