World cup referee Nigel Owens to speak at Wymondham Rugby Football Club’s annual dinner
- Credit: PA
Rugby World Cup final referee Nigel Owens will be the special guest at Wymondham Rugby Football Club's annual dinner.
More than 600 people are expected to be at the club's annual fundraising event on May 17, which has become the biggest sporting dinner in the east of England. Andrew Kilby, club chairman, said he was delighted Mr Owens would be there.
Mr Kilby said: 'We've had some great speakers in the past and had got Nigel booked last year but he then had to take charge of the Champions Cup final so couldn't come. But he said he'd make good this year and he has'.
Mr Owens, 45, has been refereeing since 1987. He is also a TV personality in his native Wales.
Roger Dakin will be master of ceremonies for the dinner, at the club in Tuttles Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £70, from Emma Burton on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07719 815340.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre