Work soon to begin on Norwich church’s roof
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
A Norwich church is celebrating raising the £100,000 it needs to replace it roof.
St Matthew's Church, in Telegraph Lane West, Thorpe Hamlet, had launched an appeal to raise the funds, and the work will now take place over the next two months.
Churchwarden Celia Fryer said: 'We are having our roof replaced during August and September.
'It is a great achievement that we raised the money in just a year.
'We would like to thank anyone that donated, came to our many fundraisers and had a great time doing this.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Fryer said that while the work takes place in August and September the church will only be open on Sundays for services.
The church is also hosting a coffee morning and bric-a-brac and book sale this Saturday from 10am until midday.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 3 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
For more information about St Matthew's Church, in Thorpe Hamlet, visit the church's website at www.stmatthewschurch.org.uk