Work on Thetford Bus Station to take place - roads to close
- Credit: Archant © 2004
Work to prepare Thetford's new bus station is set to begin next week.
Norfolk County Council will remove and prune several trees at the northern end of Minstergate in readiness for the new station, at a cost of £8,000.
The work is being done to allow buses easier access to the station.
A fence will also be erected along the length of the car park as part of the works.
They are expected to take four days to complete.
You may also want to watch:
A lane on Minstergate north of the car park entrance will be closed as a result. An adjacent footpath will also close/
Access for private residents will be maintained throughout the works.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
Vehicular access to the Poundstretcher and Wilkinson car park will also be maintained, as will the pedestrian access to Iceland and The British Heart Foundation.