Work on schedule to take down Norwich pylons
- Credit: Archant
Work being completed by Power Networks UK to take down 15 pylons and 4.5km of overhead power lines from the Norwich skylines is on course to be completed next month.
The company, which operates electricity networks in the East of England, has installed 5km of underground cable as part of a £5.6m scheme.
Pylons across the area have been disassembled since May, earlier in the year. Power Networks said the work is on course to be completed towards the end of October.
Working is currently taking place on pylons in Trowse and Whitlingham.
It is the second removal scheme to take place in the Norwich area over the past two years.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, UK Power Networks completed the removal of 11 pylons and 2.8km of power lines in the Bowthorpe area of the city.
They were replaced by 18km of underground cable.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop