Refurbishment of village’s sports pavilion could be complete by May
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The refurbishment of Rackheath's sports pavilion could be completed by May this year.
Work to improve and extend the building at Green Lane West started in November after the parish council secured more than £153,900 in funding.
The existing building will be extended to provide new changing rooms and shower facilities, a community office and function room, as well as a bag room and lockers.
Paula Lowe, Rackheath Parish Council's chair, said: 'The council consulted with the football teams, residents and others who currently use the facility and it was clear from the feedback that the condition of the facilities was a major concern, so I am delighted that we have been able to secure funding and start work on these improvements.
'Rackheath has a growing and vibrant community and I know that this facility will be well used and will be of real benefit to residents.'
You may also want to watch:
The council said the project is estimated to be complete in May.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend