Refurbishment of village’s sports pavilion could be complete by May
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The refurbishment of Rackheath's sports pavilion could be completed by May this year.
Work to improve and extend the building at Green Lane West started in November after the parish council secured more than £153,900 in funding.
The existing building will be extended to provide new changing rooms and shower facilities, a community office and function room, as well as a bag room and lockers.
Paula Lowe, Rackheath Parish Council's chair, said: 'The council consulted with the football teams, residents and others who currently use the facility and it was clear from the feedback that the condition of the facilities was a major concern, so I am delighted that we have been able to secure funding and start work on these improvements.
'Rackheath has a growing and vibrant community and I know that this facility will be well used and will be of real benefit to residents.'
You may also want to watch:
The council said the project is estimated to be complete in May.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season