Refurbishment of village’s sports pavilion could be complete by May
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The refurbishment of Rackheath's sports pavilion could be completed by May this year.
Work to improve and extend the building at Green Lane West started in November after the parish council secured more than £153,900 in funding.
The existing building will be extended to provide new changing rooms and shower facilities, a community office and function room, as well as a bag room and lockers.
Paula Lowe, Rackheath Parish Council's chair, said: 'The council consulted with the football teams, residents and others who currently use the facility and it was clear from the feedback that the condition of the facilities was a major concern, so I am delighted that we have been able to secure funding and start work on these improvements.
'Rackheath has a growing and vibrant community and I know that this facility will be well used and will be of real benefit to residents.'
You may also want to watch:
The council said the project is estimated to be complete in May.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow