Work begins on new 24-hour McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
Work on a new 24-hour McDonald's is now under way.
The two-storey drive through restaurant is being built on the site of a former BP garage in Mill Road, Lowestoft.
It will be the third McDonald's operating in the area, with the others found in Pakefield and the town centre respectively.
The site is opposite the Spring Tide pub on Kirkley Rise, off the same roundabout as a 24-hour Asda and the A12, the main road into the south of Lowestoft.
Plans for the restaurant were given the green light by Waveney District Council in September last year.
You may also want to watch:
The planned building would include two floors with a large dining area on the second floor, a children's play area and outdoor seating.
At the planning meeting Tony Goldson, councillor for Halesworth, criticised the application and said: 'Lowestoft is an area where there is a large area of deprivation, there is a large problem with obesity.'
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 8 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village