Work begins on new 24-hour McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
Work on a new 24-hour McDonald's is now under way.
The two-storey drive through restaurant is being built on the site of a former BP garage in Mill Road, Lowestoft.
It will be the third McDonald's operating in the area, with the others found in Pakefield and the town centre respectively.
The site is opposite the Spring Tide pub on Kirkley Rise, off the same roundabout as a 24-hour Asda and the A12, the main road into the south of Lowestoft.
Plans for the restaurant were given the green light by Waveney District Council in September last year.
You may also want to watch:
The planned building would include two floors with a large dining area on the second floor, a children's play area and outdoor seating.
At the planning meeting Tony Goldson, councillor for Halesworth, criticised the application and said: 'Lowestoft is an area where there is a large area of deprivation, there is a large problem with obesity.'
- 1 Water outages hit homes across city
- 2 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 People released from car after crash closes road
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 9 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 10 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients