Slimming coach leads groups to ‘mammoth’ weight transformation
- Credit: Paula Seaman
A Slimming World leader has helped her group members lose a combined total of more than 535 stone.
One inspirational leader has helped members of her Easton and Costessey Slimming World groups lose a combined total of more than 535 stone in a year - roughly the weight of a woolly mammoth.
Paula Seaman, 49, from Wymondham, celebrated two years as a Slimming World leader on December 10.
The 200-plus members who attend the groups every week follow Slimming World's eating plan, which encourages them to fill up on satisfying foods such as pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat and fish, pulses and fruit and vegetables.
Mrs Seaman herself has lost over three stone and said she was determined to continue helping others reach healthier weights.
You may also want to watch:
'Filling up on lots of satisfying foods means you're never hungry so I've never felt as though I was on a diet. Before I joined Slimming World I thought losing weight meant going to the gym and counting calories.
'But I know it's about making healthier choices about food and becoming a bit more active.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
'Reaching this milestone as a group just proves the huge change that we've all made to our lives: some people who've lost big amounts of weight have probably even saved their own lives.
'It's brilliant to celebrate together as well because that's how we've been losing weight – together. Every week we support and encourage each other and share tips and recipes, and on top of that we have a lot of fun.'
Mrs Seaman said that with type two diabetes rising at an alarming rate, Slimming World did important work in helping members lower their weight and become healthier - some successful members had even put their diabetes in remission and no longer needed to rely on medication.
Mrs Seaman said: 'Losing weight has made a big difference to their lives and to their whole family's lives and all of them are happier and healthier now.
'Slimming has never been more important. There are people in our area I just want to help, help them make real changes for life – there really is no better job satisfaction than that.'
Those wanting to join either the Easton or Costessey Slimming World groups can contact Paula Seaman on 07961046619 email firstname.lastname@example.org.