Woodforde’s Brewery festive open weekend at Woodbastick hailed a success, with 2,000 expected over two days
- Credit: Archant
The festive feel was well and truly in the air in Woodbastwick today, after the county's biggest brewery threw open its doors for a seasonal open weekend.
Woodforde's Norfolk Ales are offering the public the chance to peek behind the scenes of its brewery over the course of the weekend.
The event, which is the company's largest ever brewery open weekend, has so far seen visitors have a wander around the site, with a chance to taste some of their favourite drinks at the end.
A festive food market is ensuring local producers showcase their best offerings, as Christmas carollers serenade revellers.
Rupert Farquharson, managing director, said: 'It's a real celebration of local food and drink. It's a way of rewarding our customers and saying thank you.'
You may also want to watch:
He added that it was a struggle to find a parking space, with around 2,000 expected over the two days.
'We held a similar event last year and this one is even bigger. There are carollers and the pub put on a hog roast - a really nice event.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 7 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 8 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 9 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
'It is a bit like a farmers market but a real celebration of what's so great about Norfolk,' he added.
For more information, visit www.woodfordes.co.uk
Do you have a story for us? Contact reporter Lauren Cope on email@example.com