‘Wonderful’ surprise party for Great Yarmouth centenarian
- Credit: Courtesy of Michael Gough
Friends and family travelled from all corners of the UK to come together for the surprise 100th birthday party of a Great Yarmouth woman.
Norah Gough was surrounded by all those she holds dear as the unexpected celebrations at Imperial Hotel, in North Drive, Great Yarmouth, got underway.
The party, on Saturday, September 2, was organised by Mrs Gough's children Michael Gough and Sheila Cullingham.
Mr Gough said: 'It was a wonderful surprise family gathering – the room was packed with family, friends and neighbours.
'The only missing grandson was Leo - who skyped his congratulations from South Korea.'
You may also want to watch:
Old chums from Mrs Gough's time at St Louis Convent High School were also in attendance to applaud the milestone, as were friends made through St Paul's Church, Newtown.
Mr Gough added: 'The happiest and noisiest of all were her great-grandchildren; Connor, Emi, Ioan, Isla, Joseph, Louise, Nina, Rebecca, and Rhys.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer