The Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Women’s Institue to celebrate region’s countryside at show
This year’s WI stand at the Norfolk Show will embrace all that is wonderful about the county’s countryside.
The Norfolk Federation of the Women’s Institute have chosen ‘Celebrating the Countryside’ as their theme and, as usual, there will be a number of competitions which the public will be able to judge.
In the ‘Farm to Fork’ contest, WIs have been invited to make scarecrows that look like farmers or chefs, whilst they were also encouraged to create a piece of framed art in the ‘Norfolk framed’ event.
As well as holding their customary competitions, the Women’s Institute will offer a range of food and drinks to the general public.
On both days of the show, they can be found on 1st drive and avenue 9, site number 281.
The British Women’s Institute movement is now over 100 years old. Across Norfolk there are 165 WIs, meeting at least once a month.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword