Women encouraged to join St Nicholas Hospice’s Girls Night Out charity event
- Credit: Archant
Put on your pyjamas and join the annual Girls Night Out sponsored walk to raise money for charity.
The moonlight walk, which raises money for St Nicholas Hospice Care, will return for its ninth year on Saturday, September 9.
Registration is now open for the event which last year saw 2,104 women walk around Bury St Edmunds wearing their pyjamas and flashing bunny ears.
£250,000 was raised for the hospice and it is hoped even more women will take part in this year's event to raise more money.
All the funds raised help to support patients and families in west Suffolk and Thetford via the hospice site in Bury St Edmunds or the community team.
You may also want to watch:
Chrissy Harrod, who is part of the team Tuesday Totties, will be taking part in the walk for the second time, said: 'It is a brilliant event to be part of. It is an emotional event, but it is a wonderful occasion.
'The support staff and volunteers are always brilliant as are the people who come out of their houses to support you along the way, the mums, dads and children all come out to give you high fives.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
'It is a very special event for a very worthwhile cause. We all know someone who has been touched by the hospice.'
An early sign-up offer of £10 per walker is valid until Wednesday, May 31 and after that date registration will be £15.
Applications are available from the hospice's shops or you can sign up online at http://www.girlsnightoutwalk.co.uk/