Women across Waveney pound the streets to prepare for London Moon Walk
- Credit: Archant
Women from Southwold, Reydon and Lowestoft have been pounding the pavements to prepare for a night-time charity challenge.
Team Southwold Hospital and the Sole Bay Ladies netball team are taking part in the London Moon Walk tomorrow to raise funds for breast cancer care and research.
The event is organised by Walk the Walk, a grant-giving charity that raises money for breast cancer causes and encourages people to become fitter and healthier.
It will see 15,000 women power walking a marathon or half-marathon through London, all wearing decorated bras to raise awareness of breast cancer.
Team Southwold Hospital is made up of 10 nurses, who have been training since January to get ready for the challenge of walking 26.2 miles around the capital.
You may also want to watch:
They have already raised £1,000 and hope to collect more.
Jill Beecher, team member, said: 'We started training back in January, mostly walking in wind and rain. It's been hard but fun and it's nice to think that the money we raise will go to such a worthy cause. People have been very generous.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
Hayley Cuffe, who put the team together, said: 'We wanted to do it for the fun and the challenge but mainly because you never know, the money we raise may help save one of our lives or the life of one of our children.'
The Sole Bay Ladies is made up of eight women.
A spokesman for the team said: 'We love to play netball, but we also love a challenge and the Moon Walk appealed again this year.
'We have all been touched either personally or through close friends or family with this horrible cancer which affects many women young and old, and we want to make a difference.'
?Visit www.moonwalklondon2014.everydayhero.com/uk/team-southwold-hospital-2 to sponsor Team Southwold Hospital.
?Visit www.moonwalklondon2014.everydayhero.com/uk/solebay-ladies to pledge your support to the Sole Bay Ladies.