Woman who was stabbed in the neck in Great Yarmouth remains in hospital
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Three people remain in hospital this morning after a woman was stabbed in the neck in Great Yarmouth yesterday.
It happened at around 11.53am, in Dickens Court, where police and ambulance crews were called to reports of a serious assault.
Witnesses said someone had been stabbed and a woman was airlifted to hospital.
Two men were also injured. One received minor hand injuries and the other suffered serious leg injuries.
The men and woman required immediate medical treatment at the scene and all three injured people were taken to the James Paget Hospital.
The two injured men were later arrested and a third, uninjured man, has also been arrested and taken in for questioning.
A seal remains in place at Dickens Court but earlier road closures between Dickens Avenue and Admiralty Road and South Beach Parade have now been lifted.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
A spokesman for the ambulance service said they received a call at 11.53am to reports of an incident at Dickens Court in Great Yarmouth.
They added: 'We dispatched a rapid response vehicle, two ambulances, an ambulance officer, and an air ambulance from the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) charity. One patient was treated for serious injuries with a further two also receiving treatment,'