Woman who died in Ellingham collision named as care worker Hannah Bennett
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A woman who died when her Renault Clio collided with a tree on Dulls Lane near Ellingham has been named as 26-year-old care worker Hannah Bennett.
Ms Bennett, born in Norwich but living at Denmark Street in Diss, had been driving in the direction of Great Ditchingham when she left the road around 9.40pm on Friday, March 3.
At the opening of the inquest into her death, Norfolk Coroner's Court heard she had sustained a traumatic brain injury.
'Emergency services attended and she was taken to the N&N,' said area coroner Yvonne Blake. 'After initial treatment she was taken to Addenbrooke's, where she died two days later.
Her passenger, a man in his 20s, was also taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in a critical condition.
A full inquest is due to take place on August 22 at Norfolk Coroner's Court.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed