Woman to run marathon for charity close to her heart
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-two is set to take on the London Marathon to raise money to a charity close to her heart.
Lisa Perkins, from Thetford, will run the 26 miles on April 23 to raise money for Crohn's and Colitis UK because her husband has suffered with the ulcerative colitis - which causes Inflammatory Bowel Disease - for more than 20 years.
This will be the keen runner's first London Marathon but her 13th marathon overall.
She said: 'I wanted to pick a charity that really meant something to me.
'I love running in general and I think I just enjoy running long distances. It is going to be good. I had my appendix out in December so I have only just back into training.'
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old has so far raised £2,000 of her £2,500 target.
She added: 'It is going to be quite special and my husband will be supporting me.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
Thetford Craft and Stalls will be helping Mrs Perkins raise money for the charity at the craft fair at Thetford's Guildhall in on Saturday, March 11.
There will be a raffle and a tombola at the event from 10am to 3pm.
To sponsor Lisa Perkins visit