Woman to run marathon for charity close to her heart
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-two is set to take on the London Marathon to raise money to a charity close to her heart.
Lisa Perkins, from Thetford, will run the 26 miles on April 23 to raise money for Crohn's and Colitis UK because her husband has suffered with the ulcerative colitis - which causes Inflammatory Bowel Disease - for more than 20 years.
This will be the keen runner's first London Marathon but her 13th marathon overall.
She said: 'I wanted to pick a charity that really meant something to me.
'I love running in general and I think I just enjoy running long distances. It is going to be good. I had my appendix out in December so I have only just back into training.'
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old has so far raised £2,000 of her £2,500 target.
She added: 'It is going to be quite special and my husband will be supporting me.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
Thetford Craft and Stalls will be helping Mrs Perkins raise money for the charity at the craft fair at Thetford's Guildhall in on Saturday, March 11.
There will be a raffle and a tombola at the event from 10am to 3pm.
To sponsor Lisa Perkins visit