Woman talked down from roof in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Specially trained officers have helped to talk a woman down from the roof of a block of flats in Norwich.
Police were called to reports a woman in her 20s was on top of a roof in Rosary Road at about 7.30am today.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said the woman had been talked down from the roof of a flat in Thorpe Heights by about 8.30am and was taken to hospital after the intervention of specially trained officers..
As well as police, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service also attendedthe incident which resulted in Rosary Road being blocked off between Thorpe Road and Chalk Hill Road.
A 76-year-old woman, who did not want to be named, said she had heard 'a voice' and saw a policeman in the garden trying to talk 'whoever was up there down'.
She said: 'He said would it be alright if one of my friends came and talked to you.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 7 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless