Woman talked down from roof in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Specially trained officers have helped to talk a woman down from the roof of a block of flats in Norwich.
Police were called to reports a woman in her 20s was on top of a roof in Rosary Road at about 7.30am today.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said the woman had been talked down from the roof of a flat in Thorpe Heights by about 8.30am and was taken to hospital after the intervention of specially trained officers..
As well as police, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service also attendedthe incident which resulted in Rosary Road being blocked off between Thorpe Road and Chalk Hill Road.
You may also want to watch:
A 76-year-old woman, who did not want to be named, said she had heard 'a voice' and saw a policeman in the garden trying to talk 'whoever was up there down'.
She said: 'He said would it be alright if one of my friends came and talked to you.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 10 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021