Woman taken to hospital after Sheringham flat fire

A woman, believed to be in her 80s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital early this morning after a kitchen fire in Sheringham.

The small fire broke out in a flat on Barford Road at about 5.45am. A fire crew from Sheringham gave first aid and the woman was taken by ambulance to hospital suffering from suspected smoke inhalation. She was conscious and breathing.

Firefighters used a fire extinguisher to deal with the incident.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter