Woman taken to hospital after falling from Britannia Pier in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: � ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A woman suffered suspected head injuries and had to be taken to hospital after falling from Great Yarmouth's Britannia Pier in the middle of the night.
At just after 3.30am on Sunday morning, emergency services were alerted after the woman, believed to be in her 20s, fell from the pier, injuring herself.
A crew from the East of England Ambulance Service attended the scene, along with a team from Gorleston Coastguard, who were called in to assist with the incident by the ambulance crew.
The coastguard team helped in getting the woman into an ambulance, before she was taken to hospital for further medical attention.
She was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
In an earlier Facebook post, it was reported that the woman was unconscious following the fall, however a spokesman from HM Coastguard later said she was conscious when taken the hospital.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk