Woman suffers broken bones after falling from her boat at Lowestoft Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A woman had to be rescued from her yacht moored in Lowestoft after falling and breaking a bone.
The Lowestoft and Southwold coastguard said the woman had fallen whilst aboard the vessel and was in 'significant pain'.
Its rescue team was called to assist the ambulance service at the Lowestoft Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club at 6.50pm on Friday.
The coastguard said a paramedic at the scene confirmed that the woman had 'broken some bones.'
Its team used a basket stretcher to lift her from the vessel, and she was later taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
In a Facebook post, the coastguard said: 'We would like to thank the assistance of a female Dutch doctor who was onboard her own vessel and also assisted.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland