Woman suffers broken bones after falling from her boat at Lowestoft Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A woman had to be rescued from her yacht moored in Lowestoft after falling and breaking a bone.
The Lowestoft and Southwold coastguard said the woman had fallen whilst aboard the vessel and was in 'significant pain'.
Its rescue team was called to assist the ambulance service at the Lowestoft Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club at 6.50pm on Friday.
The coastguard said a paramedic at the scene confirmed that the woman had 'broken some bones.'
Its team used a basket stretcher to lift her from the vessel, and she was later taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
In a Facebook post, the coastguard said: 'We would like to thank the assistance of a female Dutch doctor who was onboard her own vessel and also assisted.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre