Woman’s body found in woodland near Whitlingham Lane at Trowse
- Credit: Archant
Police officers were called to woodland at Trowse this afternoon following the discovery of a woman's body.
Emergency services were called to Whitlingham Lane at about 1pm today, including one Norfolk and Fire Rescue Service appliance from Carrow which assisted the ambulance.
Two dog walkers, who did not want to be named, said they saw two police cars and an ambulance parked on the far side of the woodland.
They said they understood that a body had been found.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said: 'Police were called just after 1pm today (Wednesday) to reports that the body of a woman had been found in a wooded area off Whitlingham Lane.
You may also want to watch:
'The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner ahead of an inquest which will take place in due course.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns