Woman’s body found in Norwich city centre home
- Credit: Archant
Police discovered the body of a woman at a Norwich city centre home this morning.
The woman, aged in her 60s, was found by police officers at a home in the Cotman Fields area, off Bishopgate, Norwich, at around 10.10am.
A spokesman for the police said officers were called following concern for the welfare of a woman.
An ambulance crew from East of England Ambulance Service Trust were also called but no treatment was given.
There were initial concerns that there may have been a gas leak at the home, and Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were summoned.
Appliances from Carrow and Sprowston fire stations attended and used gas monitoring equipment.
The police spokesman confirmed there had been no gas leak.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 3 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 4 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
'The death is being treated as non-suspicious and Her Majesty's Coroner will be informed in due course,' the spokesman said.
Next of kin have been notified.