Woman’s body found in Lowestoft park
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A woman's body has been found in a park in south Lowestoft.
The woman was found dead in Fen Park in Kirkley by a member of the public and police were subsequently called.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: 'We were contacted by a member of the public about 5.40pm yesterday (Thursday), reporting he had seen what appeared to be a body hanging from a tree at Kirkley Fen Park.
'Officers attended and discovered a woman hanging from the tree. Attempts were made to revive her but she was pronounced deceased at the scene.'
It is understood the woman is 25 years old and from Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman added: 'At this stage, as is standard procedure, the death is being treated as unexplained, but there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.'
As well as police, the fire service and East of England Ambulance Service were understood to have been called out.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 6 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 7 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 8 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 'We loved our East Anglian holiday so much - we bought the company'