Woman’s body discovered at property in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
The body of a woman has been discovered at a property in Norwich.
Police are investigating after the body was found at an address in Angel Road in the afternoon of Friday, August 30.
Officers were called at 3pm following concerns for the occupant of the address and after entering the property, they discovered the body of a woman in her 40s, who had died before their arrival.
The death is currently being treated as unexplained and is not thought to be suspicious at this stage.
The area was sealed off while officers carried out enquiries to establish the circumstances surrounding her death.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives and forensic officers were at a block of flats on Angel Road, and people living nearby reported seeing a police outside the flats for much of the day on Friday.
Patsy Seager, who lives locally, said she saw a police car outside the address at 10am on August 30.
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
One resident living on Angel Road, who didn't want to be named, said: "We just got asked whether we've got CCTV.
"The forensics van was outside all yesterday afternoon and they were there all evening as well.
"A police guy has been trying the windows from outside to see if he could get in."
Another neighbour, who also wanted to remain anonymous, said: "The police have just been and asked if we've seen anything."
She added: "We don't have any problems with the area but we've only lived here for a couple of years.
While a resident living in the block of flats, who asked not to be named, said: "We've just seen forensics and a few police cars outside.
"It all happened yesterday - forensics were there last night and they went off and came back again."
She added: "It's a lovely area - all I know is they've been here all night."
A neighbour, who didn't want to be identified, added: "They were out there last night but I don't know what was going on.
"We do see police quite a lot."
And an Angel Road resident added: "We got back from holiday last night and it was there - I was pretty surprised to see it still here this morning."
A Norfolk police spokewoman said the next step for officers would be preparing a file for the coroner.