Woman rescued from river by husband
A woman was rescued from the River Yare near Norwich yesterday evening following the quick actions of her husband and the occupants of another boat.She fell from her boat into the river at Postwick at just before 6.
A woman was rescued from the River Yare near Norwich yesterday evening following the quick actions of her husband and the occupants of another boat.
She fell from her boat into the river at Postwick at just before 6.55pm, but was given the all-clear by a doctor after being hauled to safety by her husband and the passers-by.
A spokesman for Yarmouth Coastguard said: “The woman's husband had hold of her and he flagged down a passing boat and was given help to drag her out of the water.
“The husband called the coastguard and had his phone was in one hand while he had hold of his wife with the other.”
He added that the Hemsby Broads Rescue Boat was sent out and arrived at the scene at about 7.20pm. The woman was taken to the river bank and treatment by paramedics and a doctor.
No details of her age or identity were revealed last night.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 5 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes