Woman rescued after her car flips over at junction in Diss
- Credit: Stuart Anderson
A woman had to be rescued from her car after it flipped over onto its roof on a street in Diss.
The single vehicle accident happened this afternoon at the roundabout at the junction of Denmark Street and Park Road.
Constable Godbold said the woman had been driving west down Denmark Street, intending to turn right into Stanley Road, when the red Ford Ka clipped a curb and flipped over.
A crew from Diss fire station rescued the woman from the car and she was then taken to hospital by ambulance.
PC Gobold said he believed her injuries were not serious.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'It's not looking to be life-threatening injuries at this stage.'
Firefighters are now recovering the car from the road and police are directing traffic around the intersection.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk