Woman remains in serious condition following A11 crash
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A woman in her 70s remains in a serious but stable conditions in Addenbrooke's Hospital following a single-vehicle crash on the A11 on Sunday.
The crash happened at about 8.35am at the junction with London Road when a black Audi A4 travelling towards Thetford left the roadside, crashing into the Stag roundabout near Attleborough.
The woman suffered serious head injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where she remains in a serious but stable condition. The driver and two other passengers suffered minor injuries and were treated at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Police closed the A11 in both directions for the helicopter to land and pick up the woman, leading to long queues as traffic was diverted. It fully re-opened at 1am.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner prior of the Audi prior to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
•Witnesses should contact PC Martin Clarke at Wymondham Road Policing on 101.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed