Woman raises nearly £2,000 with charity head shave
- Credit: Archant
A woman has raised nearly £,2,000 by shaving her head to support the cancer battle of the counsellor who changed her life.
Jane Hyatt, of Oulton Broad, near Lowestoft, took part in Macmillan Cancer Support's 'Brave the Shave' on Friday, September 1.
Mrs Hyatt initially set herself a £500 target but has currently raised £1,810.
She said: 'I wouldn't be where I am today without my counsellor Sarah Barnett. I think in a totally different way now – my mind has been rewired.
'She is a wonderful lady, an angel. Sarah is a true inspiration to me and many other people.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hyatt added: 'I would like to thank No.2 Box Office Hair for accommodating the shave free of charge.'
Speaking of the money raised, she added: 'I want the head shave to highlight Macmillan, they do a fantastic job for people suffering from cancer and their relatives.'
If you would like to donate, visit: bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/jane-hyatt
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17