Woman left with significant burns from cooking oil after car hits stationary chip van in Fakenham
A woman has been left with significant burns after a serious road traffic collision which took place last night in Fakenham.
A green Peugeot 106 was travelling down Norwich Road when it was in collision with a stationary white Iveco mobile chip van.
The van was preparing food at the time of the collision and the man and woman inside received burns from hot fat spilt from the deep fat fryer, as a result of the incident.
The woman, from the local area and in her mid 40s, is currently receiving treatment in a specialist burns unit.
PC Ady Girton, Swaffham Road Policing, would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or the manner of driving of the Peugeot immediately prior to the collision. PC Girton can be contacted on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project