Woman left with significant burns from cooking oil after car hits stationary chip van in Fakenham
A woman has been left with significant burns after a serious road traffic collision which took place last night in Fakenham.
A green Peugeot 106 was travelling down Norwich Road when it was in collision with a stationary white Iveco mobile chip van.
The van was preparing food at the time of the collision and the man and woman inside received burns from hot fat spilt from the deep fat fryer, as a result of the incident.
The woman, from the local area and in her mid 40s, is currently receiving treatment in a specialist burns unit.
PC Ady Girton, Swaffham Road Policing, would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or the manner of driving of the Peugeot immediately prior to the collision. PC Girton can be contacted on 101.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket