Woman killed in car crash
A young woman from Norfolk was killed today after her car hit a tree.The motorist from the Hockwold area was found dead inside her upside down car off the B1106 Bury Road, about half a mile outside of Brandon, at 7.
A young woman from Norfolk was killed today after her car hit a tree.
The motorist from the Hockwold area was found dead inside her upside-down car off the B1106 Bury Road, about half a mile outside of Brandon, at 7.50am.
The woman was the only person travelling in the car and her body has been taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds for a post mortem to be carried out.
Police are investigating the scene of the accident and the B1106 remains closed to traffic at the Rattler's Road junction with diversions in place.
Meanwhile a three-car accident on the A11 at Elveden at noon today closed the road for about an hour-and-a-half causing traffic tailbacks.
Nobody suffered any injuries requiring hospital treatment in the collision.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway