Woman killed and two men in critical condition after A14 crash in Suffolk
A woman has died and two men suffered life-threatening injuries after an accident on the A14 in Suffolk this afternoon.
The road has been blocked in both directions since 1.50pm as police, fire, ambulance and air ambulance crews deal with the scene.
Emergency services were called to reports that a lorry had been in collision with a Fiat Punto on the A14 eastbound at Trimley St Mary, near Felixstowe, close to the Trimley slip road.
The driver of the Punto, a woman in her 50s, died at the scene and two male passengers – one in his 60s and another in his teens – were taken to Ipswich Hospital and Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge respectively.
The three casualties are not believe to be from the local area, said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Both carriageways eastbound and westbound are currently closed, and diversions are in place at Trimley.
Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault