Woman injured following crash on busy Lowestoft road
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Traffic had to be diverted in Lowestoft after a crash involving a car and a motorcycle led to a busy road being closed.
The collision happened about 10.20am this morning (Friday), with Normanston Drive being closed as traffic was diverted along Gorleston Road.
Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called to the scene of the collision, following reports that a car and a scooter had been involved in a crash, with the road blocked between the Shell Garage and Peto Way.
A police spokesman said: 'We were called at 10.20am to reports of a collision between a car and a motorcycle.
'A motorcyclist has sustained some injuries, but they are not thought to be life-threatening.'
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance spokesman said medics treated a woman - believed to be in her teens - for leg injuries that were not believed to be serious or life-threatening.
She was taken to hospital for further checks.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club