Woman injured following crash on busy Lowestoft road
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Traffic had to be diverted in Lowestoft after a crash involving a car and a motorcycle led to a busy road being closed.
The collision happened about 10.20am this morning (Friday), with Normanston Drive being closed as traffic was diverted along Gorleston Road.
Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called to the scene of the collision, following reports that a car and a scooter had been involved in a crash, with the road blocked between the Shell Garage and Peto Way.
A police spokesman said: 'We were called at 10.20am to reports of a collision between a car and a motorcycle.
'A motorcyclist has sustained some injuries, but they are not thought to be life-threatening.'
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance spokesman said medics treated a woman - believed to be in her teens - for leg injuries that were not believed to be serious or life-threatening.
She was taken to hospital for further checks.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 8 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge