Woman in wheelchair hit in the face as thieves try to steal her handbag in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A woman in a wheelchair was hit in the face after three men attempted to steal her handbag in Lowestoft.
The attempted robbery happened on Horn Hill at about midnight yesterday (Tuesday, July 19) as the woman, in her 50s, was on her way home.
A police spokesman said: 'Three males – two white and one black with dreadlocks, all in their late teens to 20s – approached her and tried to take her handbag from her lap.
'She managed to hold onto the bag and one of the men struck the woman in the face before all three fled.'
The woman suffered bruising and swelling to her eye, but nothing was stolen.
Police are appealing for information and anyone that can help is asked to contact Lowestoft CID by calling Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 45293/16.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk