Woman in life threatening condition and four others injured after collision involving tractor near Thetford
- Credit: James Bass
An elderly woman sustained life-threatening injuries after a collision involving a tractor and two other vehicles.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called at 2.31pm to reports of the collision on the A1066 at Brettenham.
A car had collided with a trailer attached to the back of a tractor, and was then hit by another car.
Two ambulances, two ambulance officers and a community first responder who was passing attended the scene and treated six patients, four of whom are described as elderly and one of whom had sustained a head injury.
One patient, an elderly woman, sustained life-threatening injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital by the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
A man and a woman, who were travelling in one of the cars, were taken by land ambulance to West Suffolk Hospital. Their injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
A woman and two men, who were travelling in the other car with the seriously injured woman, were taken by land ambulance to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
The driver of the tractor was uninjured.
Norfolk Police were called to the scene at 2.40pm and closed the road to deal with the incident.
Two fire crews from Thetford and Attleborough were called at 3pm.