Woman in her 80s dies following Drayton crash
A second person has died in hospital following a crash in Drayton.
The two-vehicle collision involving a VW Lupo and a VW Passat happened on Friday at about 3pm at Hall Lane in Drayton.
A man in his 80s, who was driving the VW Lupo, died at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on Saturday morning.
Norfolk police have now also confirmed that the passenger in the car, a woman in her 80s, died last night from injuries she suffered in the collision. Both the man and woman are from the local area.
The VW Lupo had been travelling out of Drayton, towards Reepham Road, when it was involved in a collision with a silver VW Passat which had been travelling in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
The man and woman in the VW Lupo were both trapped in their car for some time and had to be cut out by firefighters.
The 45-year-old man driving the VW Passat sustained minor neck injuries.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
• Anyone who believes they may have see either vehicle prior to the collision or witnessed the incident itself should contact Norfolk police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.