Woman in her 80s confronts three burglars in her home on Norfolk-Suffolk border
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A woman in her 80s confronted and scared off three burglars in her home in High Street in Thelnetham near Diss.
On Friday, May 6 at around 4.30pm the woman discovered a man she did not know standing in the kitchen who claimed to be from the water board and said he needed to check the main tap.
She then became aware of a noise in the hallway and saw two other men in the property.
The woman challenged the men who all left through the rear door.
The suspects stole a tin containing a large sum of money and a gold Rotary watch.
You may also want to watch:
Although unhurt the woman was left shaken.
The main offender is described as black with short dark hair, 5ft 7in and around 30 years of age. He was wearing dark clothing and his face was partially covered. He spoke with an English accent.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 8 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
The other two suspects are described as black men.
Police are keen to trace the occupants of a white Audi with rear tinted windows which was seen in the area around the time of the incident.
The driver is described as a white man in his twenties who was wearing a black/red baseball cap and black t-shirt. The driver may have information and officers are asking him to come forward.
If you have any information call Suffolk Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.