Woman in her 70s taken to hospital after crash on A1065
- Credit: IAN BURT
A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital after a two vehicle crash on the A1065, near Thetford.
A crash involving a Ford S-Max Titanium Sport and a Peugeot 307 at Hilborough at about 10.45am on Tuesday, January 16 led to the road being blocked for more than a couple of hours.
Fire crews from Swaffham and Thetford were among the emergency services called to the incident and helped release two casualties.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said they sent an ambulance, a rapid response car and an ambulance officer to the scene.
The spokesman said: 'A lady in her 70s was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, believed to have chest and back pain, and one patient was treated at the scene and did not require hospital.'
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the road was cleared by 1.10pm.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county