Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
Noah Vickers and James Weeds
- Credit: James Weeds
A woman has died following a fire in Gorleston on Friday morning.
Officers were called just before 9.10am to assist Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service following reports of a fire at an address in Cherwell Way.
A woman, aged in her 60s, was found inside the property but was sadly declared dead at the scene.
The woman’s death is being treated as unexplained but it is not believed to be suspicious at this time.
Norfolk Police are working with Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service to establish the circumstances leading up to the fire and a file will be prepared for the coroner ahead of an inquest which will take place in due course.
Brasenose Avenue in Gorleston, near Great Yarmouth, was initially closed to traffic on Friday morning after police were called to the scene just before 9.10am.
Three police cars, a forensic services vehicle, a fire engine, a fire marshal van and two medical first responders could be seen parked at the side of the road.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
A fire marshal at the scene said the fire was dealt with quickly, and that the investigation has begun into the cause.