Woman in critical condition after serious collision in Griston
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a serious road traffic collision in Griston which left a woman in a critical condition.
A Volkswagen Beetle and a Vauxhall Vectra were involved in the collision on the A1075 at the Thompson Road crossroads at approximately 10.15am yesterday (Sunday).
The female driver of the Beetle, believed to be in her 70s, sustained serious back and head injuries and was taken to the Addenbrooke's Hospital, where she remains in a critical condition.
The driver and passenger of the Vectra suffered minor injuries which required hospital treatment and were taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact PC Andrew Lincoln at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich