Woman in critical condition after serious collision in Griston
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a serious road traffic collision in Griston which left a woman in a critical condition.
A Volkswagen Beetle and a Vauxhall Vectra were involved in the collision on the A1075 at the Thompson Road crossroads at approximately 10.15am yesterday (Sunday).
The female driver of the Beetle, believed to be in her 70s, sustained serious back and head injuries and was taken to the Addenbrooke's Hospital, where she remains in a critical condition.
The driver and passenger of the Vectra suffered minor injuries which required hospital treatment and were taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact PC Andrew Lincoln at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen